Saturday, August 10, 2024

Review: ZUZG ze-pro2 TWS earbuds


The Ze-pro2 buds seem very obviously a simple clone of Apple’s best selling Airpod 2. I have not handled the Airpods which at 500RM, are expensive for the average Malaysian, but in hand, the Ze, at circa $20, feel of good quality and are supposed to pack 3 drivers aside, bass, mid, and treble. They sound rather good.

A search on Lazada / AliExpress reveals several other clones which, like the Airpods, have only a single driver, selling for just a couple of bucks. Wonder what sort of quality you’d be getting with those? My cousin bought a pair and seems to be satisfied. They even threw in a silicone sleeve.

Years ago I acquired Apple’s EarPods which I found disappointingly brash and a little shouty. And they weren’t cheap either. I guess that was a stumbling block towards my later desire for Airpods. And at over $100 and with a short battery life expectancy, they didn’t seem a very sweet deal.

Aesthetically, the Airpods / Ze-pro2s are indeed appealing. More-so than my Sony WF-C500. Apple’s (much copied) design is a good one. The buds stay in my ears securely. Even shaking, titling my head doesn’t dislodge them. I also liked the hefty, rounded pillbox charging case with its silky-smooth flip action hinged top.

Playing with it on my iPad 10, I found the buds a little underpowered and the mic fuzzy and boomy. Perhaps as a nod to Apple, ZUZG only targets the Android market. Tested on my Nokia, they sounded better and I was also able to record my voice [you must speak / sing clearly tho] in high quality.

If you’re not earning much, live in the 3rd world, and only have an Android phone, the ZUZG buds are a tempting option. You WILL feel pampered. You should fingers crossed, be satisfied. More later…

No comments:

Post a Comment