Thursday, May 30, 2024

My writing-coding workstation and other matters…


The current state of my workstation. Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB RAM in heatsink armor and 64GB SD card loaded with the latest Raspberry Pi OS. Aego M 2.1 speakers. Logi Bluetooth wave keys keyboard and silent mouse. Mousepad is from MR DIY. BenQ gaming grade monitor from 10 years ago (DVI). Also in the photo, AKG Ara mic and Wacom Graphire. IKEA bamboo tablet and phone stand. My desk is a very solid basic teak table bought on sale around 2002, as it was warped / defective.

The TRX Apple store opens in just 23 days. There is now an Apple logo sign by the sealed structure which spans 3 stories of the mall, with a message wrapping round the walls, “Jom Malaysia”. Must buy something or get a tee shirt but finances are low. Think I will go in the mid afternoon on that Saturday.

Using AbiWord to write my novella-compilation hybrid book. It has 20 stories or so that are linked by a central plot in the same universe / world. That way, I can do one a day and meet my targets every day. Last night I described the world and my characters on my iPad in Pages. Today, writing begins.

Not so sure about my coding work. Maybe late tonight. More later…

No comments:

Post a Comment