Sunday, June 16, 2024

Finally caved to an expensive hat...

This afternoon we were at Decathlon and Dad caved and bought his extendable walking pole. I caved too and got a premium hiking hat for 65RM which is 20RM above my normal budget for stuff like hats. 

This tho is 4x less expensive than a Tilley and comes with a nylon mesh liner, chin strap, snap buttons, tightener pull, and wind catcher vents. What about Mom? Well she got our first digital scales for just $10. Hope her dramatic weight loss will wake her up to the dangers of being a telepathic curmudgeon. A preventer of love and charity. But what has this got to do with hats...?

I am thinking again of possessions. Which are more valuable and which are just for show? As a pedestrian, I need my mini backpack, sandals, and sun wear. I need a comfy, understated watch like my lightweight 2200 G-shock on stretchy nylon. Other things can be stinged on, not a hat nor eyewear.

Typing this on my budget Nokia in our shoebox house. I stinge on my furniture, phone and computer equipment. Also music and sports gear. But every time I defy fate, I get burned and lose money in the long run. So where does my new 'proper' hat lead me? Will I be on the road more come July? Will aged, battling Mom and Dad pass on before the Rapture and what of the nefarious Liew witches?

Tomorrow, my monthly psych clinic visit. In the dark of the cavernous Kowloon-like complex carpark, Doc's clinic with it's soft lighting spilling out welcomes me. I usually wait an hour. But even an hour away from my sunshine, from my new hat is a fresh agony.

But thanks, tho, God, for this blessing. I will remember our afternoons out walking. And the long talks in the mindspaces afterwards. And writing down the gist of it hereabouts. Hats -everyone should own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment