Saturday, August 24, 2024

CHR and the NLP problem…

My final app, CHR is now at v0.3.5b. This is where I added in natural language processing. It has no bearing on the interface, being still simple. Just that there is an optional search method accessed by the forward slash, eg. /sej xxx xxx… which triggers the textblob NLP module. The processing is a quite slow compared to SequenceMatcher which I used for regular search heuristics. Still, it’s nice to have.
 
My apps are useful in many ways. Almost nobody makes apps with such love.
  • YAK is a really powerful 4-track sequencer, able to take custom samples (.wav) and humanize the exported composition (to .wav). It gives feedback on-edit, bar-by-bar, track-by-track and has a key-shifter to give your compositions more verve. On top of that, it uses 123 notation everyone can read.
  • CHICN is also one of a kind -a Chinese speller that uses ASCII symbols to approximate the shape of a character. It is faster than entering Chinese the normal way. If you remember a character has three lines, like "san" or "three", just enter three dashes. It will also bring up all the other derivatives of "san".
  • VRS, my Bible search and annotate app has natural search capabilities like no other. And it is small, able to co-exist on your screen like a widget, for quick access to verses. Copy and paste from VRS is just a click away.
  • CHR is a writer's outlining app. Nobody made anything like this. You can append any idea or plot twist to your outline.txt file and CHR will pull up and arrange all your data by powerful search criteria. Click any entry to edit it. Tag entries with RBSEJ. Switch chapters via a handy menuButton.
Wearing my Seiko 077j 6R15 diver on its olive drab Daiso NATO. At 3.5kRM, it’s the most expensive watch I own. A far cry from my old 500RM SKX007 with its basic 7s26. Both are tool watches. Not much flashy.

Wearing Mom’s birthday gift to me: my Tissot Powermatic 80. I think the Seiko looks better. Haven’t done much work today (I am retired, btw) and it’s time for my meds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment