Thursday, June 18, 2026

Taking a break from writing…

The writing is getting interesting but I need a break. Been going non-stop since a week back. And those were difficult chapters to navigate. Plus the late night football matches taxed my strength. I had to go a day without watching, just rest. Tonight, I’ll be watching just the 1am game then turn in. Work out circa midnight.

The mind fighting is getting a little more intense, and we need to bring out more powers, easier ones. Looks like I won’t be doing much tonight. Set up my pi zero w with NetBSD. Cool to have a third computer that cost just 70RM. Not sure what I’ll use it for.


Successfully wrote chp10. But I need more fleshing out. Arcs must complete, details must stand out, motivations must make sense in retrospect. All a matter of adding paragraphs here and there as the core is rather strong already.

Ran at 5pm. Feeling refreshed. Wasn’t much out of breath. Again, next Friday. Liew forces attacking to run down my health out of jealousy.
 
Feeling a little hungry after the run. Ate a pao and drank black coffee. Someone asked about Sarah J Maas. I only own 1 of her books -the gargantuan Crescent City Flame and Shadow novel. As I said, Sarah J represents the new wave of fantasy writers who appeal to current readers in their teens and tweens. I don't like to run down authors. Not everybody can be best friends.
 
Having said that, personally, I like pulp classics. Urgent pacing, moderate detail, and lotsa action and adventure, which also leaves questions in your mind and heart. Those are my favorites. 
 
There are writers who don't stop detailing -who seemingly don't bow to the rhythm of what they write -the swing. Everything bows to the swing but I guess sometimes not doing that creates artistic imbalance the reader has to search for in themselves.
 
So in closing, yea you can read any author you like. The first few pages will tell you if you are on track. I need to write my strictly writing tips blog now on https://chnkngyp.wixsite.com/koangdelambe
 
...
 
I will be catching the 2-3am game and then 2-3 more throughout Saturday morning. So I need to take my meds by 7pm and sleep by 9pm. Will skip my workout since I ran. Taking life slow is important for to ol' health, pushing 50.


Thinking of getting a Wix site for $10 a month. Free domain for 1 year but it may be duplicated again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment