Being cheap and innovative, I came up with this very simple bow sight idea. I call it the Optical Banana. To calibrate it, make a slit in some plastic. Then separate the slit by wedging it half backways and half frontways (so there is a small non-linear gap between top and bottom of the cut.
Next, draw with a marker, a line from the top to the bottom, passing over the slit. Draw with another color, next to the first mark, and so on as necessary.
What happens is when you lift the bow, the gap between upper and lower converges and is indicative of the longer distance aimed at ballistically. At further distances, the slit, made wider, converges upper and lower of the next color marking. The width of the slit is configurable via sliding the wedges.
IMHO, a very simple and fun project to build and test. There may be professionally-made ones available from America soon, as they inquired about it. But for now, I have a bow sight, at least one that doesn't suck.
Think I will make mine from card for now, with a metal clip as the wedge width calibrator. Sometime tonight.
. . .
Am wearing my Mudman 9300 Solar on a 22mm NATO. The previous Velcro just didn't feel right. Nor did the original rubber strap. Drank a lot of Coke and took in some sun which helped with my chest infection / cough since yesterday. Hope to head out tomorrow for a walk. Also have to finish up my short story.
Just past 10pm. Must do some coding on n4s which I had neglected.
No comments:
Post a Comment