Saturday, June 8, 2024

Character designing time, my ear tips arrive…

Was up early this morning and my routine wrapped up smoothly. Got a notification that my parcel from China was out for delivery. That usually means a wait of 4-5 hours. Dad was out painting the new shoebox house we’ll be moving to.

While waiting, I used my Viva Madrid ‘Apple’ pencil to do some character designs in Freeform. Just did faces for now. Managed to get most of my MCs looks drafted out and they all look different. Might use the iPad to storyboard as well. Been thinking digital-looking artwork isn’t wrong if it’s done unabashedly. I also get more freedom to experiment with creative / poetic panelling and negative-positive space. More later…

My foam ear tips all the way from China finally arrived on the 5th day of the order which was late evening. For 10RM, 2 pairs in gray is very affordable. One pair of Comply tips would be 30RM at least and these do not last very long. I tested the ZSTs with the foams and they sound much nicer than with even the Spinfits. To say “hi-fi” wouldn’t be far off mark. The audio presentation is so confident and up front. Naturally, keep your phones zipped up to prevent bugs getting into the foams and biting your ear canals. It happened to my Complys.

More preliminary drawing later on. I am using SketchBook instead of Freeform now. Need to draw the characters with their different bodies and clothes. And maybe some scenery. Liew witches attacked again, egged on by the Americans they destroyed and led into sin. Should do a powerpoint on this as well maybe… now. Rain is coming soon probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment