Friday, May 24, 2024

Wget to the rescue…

I am wondering, bandwidth internationally seems to be low lately. Quite a lot lower than the usual 10MB/s I’m used to. It’s been hard to get software online. Luckily, I’ve installed wget. Even downloading its 7MB was slow, at about 22kB/s. But it keeps going steadily and should resume downloading if the connection drops. I’m now 20% through a 40MB file which will take over an hour and a half more to finish. 1990s speeds.

Thinking of heading out tomorrow to Amcorp Mall flea market and Decathlon. A long walk will do me good seeing as how my left foot sprain is mostly healed. Will get something nice for myself. Not sure what yet. I’m no longer into computers and watches much. More later…

Am currently at the new place. Dad is brushing off the gate prior to painting it maybe tomorrow. Earlier, I dropped ffmpeg.zip onto Packman to install it and now I have video. Need to get round to learning toolbox, then to code a vector skeleton that can be tweaked from http dumps, with a form of markdown. With some luck, !Browse2 will be ready in 3 days.

Microwaved myself a tomyam ramen. The first food cooked in our new house. Feeling sleepy but the incessant nailing through my palm is unsettling. Can't wait to go home. More later...

Woke up early this morning and worked out. Felt much better after the exercise. Then I ordered a pair of Shure IEMs off Shopee. I hope they are original. I didn’t get the classic Shure se215 classic oval design ones but instead bought the cheaper se112 which don’t look that special / distinctive. These are to be paired with my budget Sony MP3 player which currently drives a Vido-like pair of external buds that I bought for lunch money. Hopefully the parcel will arrive today via Lalamove. Expect to pay 20RM for this delivery because it’s 20km apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment