Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Talking watches again, aspirations and hopes, new furniture is coming…

I’m crushed by the weight of the negative telepathy and am unable to work much. So I started installing Gentoo on my Aspire dual booting with Windows 10. It’s quite involved and I’m at the part where the kernel is installed. My custom kernel is 29MB stripped and uncompressed. After xz, it’s ~7MB.

Dug out my watch collection. I have 14 watches of my own, all fitted with appropriate / original straps. The irony is I could have waited 20 years, worked and saved up for a 12kRM watch when I turned 45. But instead I stopped to smell the roses every year or so, far more during the covid lockdown years.

Folks bought me new MDF furniture for my room in the shoebox house. Got a good discount on it. Chair is comfy. Can’t wait to move my Pi4 setup over and code there through the night. Eventually I will have to code no matter where, push through Pyggie before June ends.

Bought a new ladies’ Venus manual shaver and Follow Me hair gel as I don’t go to salons anymore and my budget trimmer (so useful) broke. Either I will grow out my hair and groom it or shave it all off. Needless to say, this upset the powers that be and I got struck on the head for disrupting their prophesying. 

I ran this afternoon after taking yesterday off. Feeling more healthy. Tomorrow, feel like heading out on a long walk through Kuala Lumpur. Maybe to 1U which has lots of cool stuff. But my monk satchel may arrive. Will do a review of it before handing it to Mom as her new bag. She currently uses a big flat square cloth bag. Have to prepare the 50RM COD.

What do I hope for my future? I guess I’ll never be rich or fortunate in love, nor very skillful at anything good. Tonight, I hope to write a very long short story, maybe 9-10k words. In one sitting. It will be about the irony of life, making it, and losing everything. Set in Malaysia, of course, and through my studies abroad. It will contain supernatural elements and some of my theology. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment