Monday, July 29, 2024

I bought a new study Bible…

This afternoon, I took a short walk over to the Luther Center near Asia Jaya. It was my first time entering the church and I felt shy pushing in the front door which was stiff not locked. I took a lift to the 3rd floor and into Glad Sounds bookshop. Just a small space in the large building, I noticed they had a wide selection of Bibles 20% off. For just over 100RM, I picked up a CSB Bible in hard cover with thicker pages and medium large, easy reading font. 

What I soon discovered was that I had bought a very useful reference to scripture. It came with explanations on every page, sometimes 40% of the page was explanations for what the verses were saying. It came with infographics that I had never seen in a Bible or online, I felt like I was reading a National Geographic magazine. Boring passages came alive and I felt like being closer to the WoG more and more. So if anyone wants a study Bible, the Holman CSB Student Study Bible is one to consider.

Mine is a vanilla hard cover with 2 ribbon bookmarks, 2021 edition. It lays flat easily and has highly opaque paper tho quite thin. Being very heavy, I do not see myself lugging it around that much which is a shame as it is my favorite Bible (of all I’ve owned). I also do not want to write on it as the study notes are already comprehensive and important issues are all handled in short essay articles. It beats e-Sword which also has some albeit less engaging. Think they were written longer ago compared to the CSB’s.

103RM / $23 well spent.

I have also made good progress on VRS, my Bible search / discovery app which should be done very soon. Just need to polish up the scrolling position memory by shrinking the inner Frame accordingly. There is a lot of writing to get done as well -my final short story which is halfway thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment