Saturday, July 13, 2024

iPhone springs to life…

The smartphone situation in my family is complex. Here’s what happened:
  1. In 2012, I bought the family’s first smartphone to do developing for, a 3GS
  2. I gave it to Mom after I quit the ADP
  3. Then the home button malfunctioned and Mom gave it to Dad
  4. Mom bought a Samsung J6
  5. Dad bought me an iPhone 7
  6. The 3GS became obsolete during the lockdown years so I gave the iPhone 7 to Dad
  7. Dad bought me an Oppo A93
  8. Mom’s Samsung died and I gave her the Oppo
  9. I bought myself a Nokia c01 Plus
  10. Dad’s iPhone 7 died (apparently, very worrying overheating etc.) 
  11. He bought himself a Samsung 5G with lotsa features.
  12. I tried to power on the iPhone 7 today and it sprang to life. Then used iTunes to reset it. It complained of a bad battery. Then, of a SIM read failure. So I blew into the sim slot and iTunes reset the phone. Now it’s mine again *whew*
The iPhone 7 runs rings round my Nokia c01 running Android Go 11. And it’s slimmer too. I just ordered it a clear bumper case off Shopee for just 14RM. Not sure what to do with my Nokia now…

Today we talked about Peter’s denial of Christ once his “Shepherd” was captured and sentenced to death. Peter did 2 things, he doubted when afraid and preserved his life when he was afraid. The first was walking on water with Christ, the latter, of course the cock’s crow 3 denials and remorse followed. It’s a pretty story. But little did we suspect it is one of human nature, while remorse and repentance, one of Spirit nature!

If we do not FEEL remorse, there is no salvation by any means. If we doubt remorse there is Hellfire beyond doubt. If we seed doubts of Spirit, there is torture neverending. It happens by itself.

I told the analogy of a bird learning to fly. It has wings but it never used them before. Death awaits but it is for a man, one small step -just one: remorse, change from the heart. What is the heart? It is simply that which we would call MAN / makes a man who he is as a human being.

Now don’t we all preserve our lives? Jesus sure knew…

No comments:

Post a Comment