Thursday, July 11, 2024

Went on an urban trail walk & run…

There is a sort of ‘urban trail’ near where I live. Just a few hundred meters long but it has gravel, stones, steps, ramps, and puddles. I took my new MT Cushion 2 Trails on a spin over there, just 5 minutes of fooling around with the terrain, before walking home.

I ran up steps, jogged down steps, jump-sprinted up and semi-careened down all the ramps and crunched stoney patch puddles, with impunity. Was surprised how I could do so much more than with my Teva hiking sandals or my Kiprun road runners. These shoes ARE worth 450RM / $95 if only for the entertainment they provide. The MT Cushions successfully floated my feet (and knees) snug, safe, and boosted my energy return by some margin. I guess I’ll never know what a Hoka Speed Goat feels like at the untouchable price of 700RM. Nor can I afford both at once. But I feel healthier days are ahead as I road run consistently, work out, and fool about on (safe) trails every weekend.

Highly recommend everyone get a trail running shoe whichever you can afford. Or at least a semi-pro road runner which can be cheaper, circa $48.

Attacks in the mindspaces continue and we are getting smarter at countering. Hopefully we carry the day.

Reinflated my Decathlon soccer / football just now. I’m getting better at inventing games and maybe one for a football will go something like this:
  1. It’s a game I call defector and can be played on any open ground of a decent size with just the (foam) football. Mine is a Kipsta Fifa Pro which is very nice yet affordable.
  2. Two teams form up with maybe 5 aside. Others can be subs -they will be needed eventually
  3. There are no halves to the pitch, attack anywhere
  4. There is a handball penalty wherein an offender has to defect to the other team or be sent off
  5. The gameplay involves dodging handballs and making others handball.
  6. The ball cannot be kicked hard but all kicks must be done with the heel or toe on the ground, or chested. Heading, kneeing is not allowed. Delicate play and some chase, maneuvering skill is required. BTW all this is free for anyone to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment