Saturday, September 14, 2024

3 irons in the fire…

I am working on 4 things currently:
  1. netLang / nettle programming language
  2. tennis grip assist
  3. STT boardgame
  4. songs for a mini album
Because I’m retired, everything is going slow. But I have all the resources bought / gathered: the mics, fresh guitar strings, cheap plastic caps, 3M tape, and Antlr4 tutorials. Am facing criticism over my ideas which are not very good for spurring the economy. Those, I actually gave away to others some time ago. Not sure why.

Figuring out Antlr4 is quite difficult for me, since I had my stroke back in 2007. But I am getting there. It is basically forming simple / general rules that then get used by more complex / specific rules. Nettle is a very loose language, made to manipulate dynamic web pages, by younger kids, and maybe older hobbyists looking to create a game etc. without learning full JavaScript.

I may head out on a walk soon. Maybe before 3pm. Think I will visit somewhere like TRX, Megamall, KLCC, LowYat.

...

It was punishingly hot this afternoon so I didn't walk much. Wore my trail runners which were comfy most of the walk. Bought Mom a small heart-shaped stone pendant, just 15RM with a free ornate "silk" pouch. Some hostility among youth. Threats of a long range strike into Russia as God showed me. There could be 3 ballistic missiles provided by the UK or America, to force Moscow out of the war.

Have started hammering in the lexer and parser code, modding some example lines I got off GitHub. Tonight, we could have NETTLE up and running as an interpreted language. Seems a pointless project, but there are 3 uses for it, aside from educational use.
  1. manage and automate html page / site generation
  2. test html 5 dynamic pages for bugs / errors
  3. create wildly imaginative, far more dynamic sites
Nettle can also serve as a simple to learn language so managers and non-technical executives can consume html 5 content and modify it to their liking without the need to communicate with the IT staff in vague terms. Eventually, browsers may adopt Nettle syntax over JavaScript syntax, and many more non-technicals will code -one of the goals of the education / workplace system.

No comments:

Post a Comment