Since I started out with my Mission Hype DT, I realized I had always wanted a smaller bow, and a lighter one. By curving the limbs upwards, the riser can be shorter and lighter. The limbs, rather than compressing, would expand. They could be laminated with tapering strips at a shear angle to the horizontal.
The grip is thrust forward to increase draw length without increasing the bow string length. Cables are also affixed to the S-shaped cams, providing more torque and less complexity.
This is a simple innovation but one that could reduce the cost of compound bows, allow participation by children, and make them more portable.
. . .
I have started on a new novel idea. It's sci-fi, and about dimension shifting. There is a catch / twists which make the book exciting. Am outlining the plot and inserting the characters. Think I can write it in a month if I write every day, circa 1.5k words. There was a lot of down time in the mindspaces so I thought of filling it up. Apparently Sara Lubratt's novella will be sold at MPH but that's around Xmas.
Already past midnight. Have brushed, took my meds, and showered. Workout coming soon. Felt good. Want to talk about a better bow sight.
This is my 'capsule sight-rest' design. It takes the arrow weight and dials the spring tension so the arrow is horizontal. At the same time, this sets the spring / sight pin tension so when the bow is lifted (to shoot far), the sight pin drops by the appropriate amount. It looks simple, but internally, it is a bit complex.


No comments:
Post a Comment